How one can Lock a Pen drive With out Any Third Occasion Software program : –
USB drive is moveable and important storage media Machine. We regularly use USB drive to hold essential information like workplace paperwork, Private Information and so on. So, we want password defend USB drive to cease any unauthorized entry to Our Personal information. Listed here are the steps to lock usb drive –
1. To lock a pen drive with password with none third occasion software program we want Home windows 7 or later.
2. Join your pen drive to your computer or laptop computer. Right here, we will see that the pen drive shouldn’t be locked and anybody can open and consider the recordsdata within the pen drive.
3. To password lock the pen drive , proper click on on the drive and click on “ Flip On BitLocker”.
4. This may open “ BitLocker Drive Encryption” window. Tick the choice “ Use a password to unlock the drive”.
5. Enter any password to lock the drive and Re-enter the identical password Then Click on “Subsequent”.
6. This Will immediate to save lots of Restoration Key File. A restoration key File can be utilized when we have now forgotten the password to unlock a drive, which is locked utilizing BitLocker. Select any of three choices as per your alternative. I’ve chosen “ Save to a File” Choice And Saved the Restoration Key File To The Desktop. And Click on “Subsequent”.
7. Within the subsequent Window, Select Any of two Choices As per your requirement and click on “Subsequent”.
8. Now Choose The Choice “Appropriate Mode” To Lock Detachable Drives Like Pen Drive or Exterior Laborious Disk. And Click on “Subsequent”. And Then Click on “Begin Encrypting”.
9. This may begin Locking the Pen Drive and Could Take Time As per Pen Drive Reminiscence Measurement. After Completion of Encryption We will see an Unlock Image on the Usb Drive, Which Means, The Pen Drive is Password Protected.
10. Now , Eject the Pen Drive and Reconnect to The PC. We Can see a Lock Image On The “H” Drive. When We Open the pen drive it should immediate for password. Enter the password that was given to lock the pen drive and Click on “Unlock”.
11. This Will Unlock the Pen drive and the recordsdata within the pen drive will be accessible now.
12. To Take away the Password Safety from the pen drive, Go to “ Management Panel”. Click on “ System and Safety”, Then Click on “ BitLocker Drive Encryption”.
13. Within the “Detachable Information Drive” Part, We will see “ BitLocker On” on the “Drive H” that’s Our Pen Drive. Broaden The BitLocker Menu and click on “ Flip off BitLocker”. This may Take away the password safety of the pen drive.
Open “My Pc” and we will see that the pen drive will be open with out coming into any password.
Extra extra movies maintain watching MSTech Gyan.
https://www.fb.com/MSTechGyan Tweets by MSTechGyan